This note is special because I am quoting Shawn, my close friend’s four year old son.
Kids are amazing. We can learn a thing or 100 from them! 🙂
– “Close some doors today. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because they lead you nowhere.”
– “It’s hard to draw the line between not hurting people’s feelings and standing up for what we believe. But we must draw this line.”
– “How to kill procrastination: understanding that discipline is not slavery.”
– “A happy society must be created by people themselves, not through prayer alone, but by taking action.”
– “Let the waters settle; you will see stars & moon mirrored in your being.”
– “Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end..”
“You are not thrown into this physical world without guidance…. All the signs you need for your walk are everywhere but if you are too busy ‘seeking’ to find them you will never notice them.”
I recently began following this blog (A Window of Wisdom) and have learned much in such little time. I got the above quote from this post. Loved it as it can surely be applied to many of us on our journeys.
The very purpose of spirituality is self-discipline. Rather than criticizing others, we should evaluate and criticize ourselves. – Dalai Lama
I am guilty. But who isn’t?
I often criticize myself and analyze my behavior. Time for correction. But I am still guilty.